Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Baby Steps

Finally cleaned out my trunk today so that I have room to transport all my stuff with me down to Florida. I've been buying a few things here and there that I know I need. Now I just need to start actually packing and making sure that I have enough time to get everything together. I'm pretty sure I only need one more shopping day and I should be all set. And I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like I don't need to bring as much stuff as I thought in the first place. It's not even me considering the stuff I could buy once I'm in Florida, I honestly think for once, I'm not being a pack rat. Of course, that could all change when I actually start packing my clothes and picking out what I think I'll wear. That's where I'm gonna be in trouble.

On a positive note, I finally made an oil change appointment and my car will be inspected on Thursday so that will take care of my car (minus vacuuming it out). Getting that all squared away feels like a pretty big accomplishment because I've been putting it off even though I know I've been needing to get it done so at least I am making progress.

Needless to say, since it is so close now, I'm getting beyond excited about getting down to Disney! At the same time, I'm starting to get nervous. I've never lived on my own. I know that I can do it, and I wouldn't have minded moving out before now, but it's still something new for me and I don't know what to expect or how it's gonna feel. Also, I've never driven more than a few hours myself, so I'm a little bit nervous about the drive down as well. Altogether, it should take between 17-19 hours, but thankfully I'm not doing that all in one day. Even still, driving long distance is something else that's new for me. I'm sure once I start driving and once I get settled into my apartment, all the nerves will go away, but I can't help pay attention to them right now because I only have 10 more days here! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment